Fret Not—God IS in Control
Encouraging Words with Pastor Bruce & Suzi Elman
Ever wonder if God is really in control or if life “just happens?”
I assure you, even in the midst of what seems to be swirling chaos, everything IS in “God’s providential control.” He knows every hair on your head!
And, He knows us better than we know ourselves. Charles Spurgeon calls Gen. 37-50 a “chain of circumstances” that HAD to HAPPEN to Joseph in a specific way and timing for God’s plan to unfold exactly as He planned. Spurgeon offers us these questions:
- Why did Jacob want to send Joseph?
- Why were Joseph’s brothers on this particular day in a different location?
- Why did the Ishmaelites come along at that moment?
- Why were they in the mood to purchase a slave?
- Why were they going to Egypt and not some other destination?
- Why did Potiphar purchase Joseph?
- Why did his wife have designs on Joseph?
- Why were the baker and the cupbearer in the prison when Joseph was there?
- Why couldn’t Pharoah understand his dream?
- Why did the cupbearer first forget Joseph and later remember him?
Spurgeon points out that every one of these events HAD to happen in the exact way at the exact time they occurred for Joseph to be where he had to be, when he had to be, which resulted in his family going to Egypt to be preserved during the famine in Canaan. Spurgeon goes on to say, “God is to be seen in little things”, and he says all the foregoing seemingly random details are, “minutiae of Providence.”
God cares about you more than He does about sparrows! God cares about every tiny detail of your life, He made, knows and loves every subatomic particle of you, and He shed His sin-free blood to ransom you! Oh, yes! “PTL!”
Love & Blessings,
Pastor Bruce & Suzi Elman
L’Chaim Messianic Congregation